Saturday, February 26, 2005

The Glory of God

Drove to see my sisters in Indiana this weekend. Had some window treatments to design and sew for one of them. The weekend has been really nice, & relaxing, even though the pressure is on to get 12 window treatments sewn before Monday morning! It's been fun to kinda get away from the responsibilities at home... left the kids with my husband for some daddy time. They all seem to be having a good time. The sun even peered through the bleak late winter days and they were able to enjoy some play time at their school's playground. They were playing baseball when I called to check in.

I was really excited to get on the road last night. I rented a car and it has a CD player that works!!! YAY! I took several CD's with me to listen to on the trip. But, I should've taken only two CD's. One of my favorites is a praise and worship CD by Vineyard Music. It's all sung in German. One of my favorite songs is "Komm, jetzt ist die Zeit" (Come, now is the time... to worship) It's so awesome! It's the first song on the CD and the first song I turned on for the trip. I spent the rest of the 3 hour trip singing at the top of my lungs praises to Jesus. It felt so good to sing again! Jesus and I had a blast! I kept saying, I will turn the music off after the next song... cause I also wanted to spend time praying while I drove. But, I just couldn't stop. It was such a powerful time giving thanks and praise to God for bringing me out of the pit of despair.

One of the songs that God has been replaying in my brain all day today is a really fun and gorgeous song by Sandi Patti titled, "The Heavens are Telling." It's based on Psalm 19:1 which says, "The heavens are telling the glory of God." So I decided to spend a few moments reading this Psalm this evening. This Psalm has three parts: 1.) Proclaiming God's glory and showing how the earth testifies to his greatness, 2.) shows how right, true and good the decrees of the Lord are, 3.) the psalmist concludes with recognizing his sinfulness and his prayer to the Lord.

God wanted me to see this Psalm today. As he has been working in my heart and in my mind this past week he has taken me on quite a journey... soul searching! Ugh! The verses that really spoke loudly to me were vs. 12 -14: "How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep me from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of sin. May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."

Today, many times, I was faced with opportunity to resist the flesh (my sinful nature), and yet did not. Other times, I wouldn't even realize that the flesh had taken over. These verses were especially powerful to me today, because my heart's desire it to continually walk in the Spirit and to allow the power of God to rule my life. Yet, sometimes the flesh wins the battle. BUT! In the end, the Holy Spirit wins the war! So, cleanse my heart oh Lord, find all the wicked ways in me, so that I can walk with you towards eternal life! "May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, {as I continue to Keep My Eyes On You}, my rock and my redeemer."

No comments: