Monday, March 14, 2005

If I rise on wings of the dawn...

Wow, it's been over a week since my last entry. Can you tell I've been busy?

This past week was really a blessing. A cousin of mine came to stay with us for the week. She is at a point in her life where she is desperately seeking to allow God to fully control her life, while the struggle to resist the flesh continues to rage. Sound familiar??? The flesh and all it's charms tries so hard to get me to resist the Truth. The cool part is that even though I may give in and entertain my old nature for even a moment, God is still there waiting for me to return to Him so he can shower me with his unconditional love!

Whether I keep my eyes on Jesus or glance away for a time, I simply can't escape His all knowing, all powerful presence in my life. I can't hide from him. He'll never leave me. He's always right there day or night, high or low, joy or sorrow. He knows my comings and goings, when I get up or sit down, when I wake up or go to sleep. He knows my innermost thoughts. He has his eyes on me continually. How awesome! How comforting!

"If I rise on wings of the dawn. If I settle on the far side of the sea. Even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139: 8-10

No comments: