Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wheels in Motion

Ezekiel 1:15-21 says this: As I looked at these beings, I saw four wheels on the ground beneath them, one wheel belonging to each. The wheels sparkled as if made of chrysolite. All four wheels looked the same; each wheel had a second wheel turning crosswise within it. The beings could move forward in any of the four directions they faced, without turning as they moved. The rims of the four wheels were awesomely tall, and they were covered with eyes all around the edges. When the four living beings moved, the wheels moved with them. When they flew upward, the wheels went up, too. The spirit of the four living beings was in the wheels. So wherever the spirit went, the wheels and the living beings went, too. When the living beings moved, the wheels moved. When the living beings stopped, the wheels stopped. When the living beings flew into the air, the wheels rose up. For the spirit of the living beings was in the wheels.

Ezekiel was an Old Testament Prophet who God spoke to through visions to communicate to the Jews God's goodness to those who faithfully seek to obey him, and the promise of a glorious future ahead. This excerpt is taken from the beginning of the vision with which God spoke to Ezekiel. These verses popped off the page at me. Now, I am in no way going to communicate what his vision is symbolizing, the message it holds, etc... but rather I am going to state how God took these verses to show through a word picture what it is He has teaching me.

The wheels represent believers who are fully surrendered to Jesus, and the living beings represent the Holy Spirit living inside those believers who are fully surrendered to Jesus. When the Spirit inside them moves forward, backward, up, down, speaks, doesn’t speak, stops, etc… the believer, being fully surrendered to the Spirit, does the same. The Holy Spirit is TOTALLY in control… not the fully surrendered believer. This was HUGE for me to get a word picture for what it means to be filled with the Holy Spirit and totally submissive to Christ. When this happens, which I have experienced, the “eutopia” that is experienced is truly amazing! I totally am ONE with Christ. This is just too cool! But as soon as I take over the driver’s seat, I remove myself from this “ONE-NESS” with Christ. No I don’t lose my salvation, but I no longer am fully surrendered to the Spirit, which means the relationship is broken/damaged.

Beautiful Waterfall, flow over me... and FILL me till only YOU remains!

No comments: