Friday, July 08, 2005

Life Decisions...

I am at yet another cross-road. What is God's Will when faced with adversity, a daunting obstacle, the presence of darkness where there is no hope? Both solutions are good, godly, right... but which is the BEST solution with the most profound impact?

I Corinthians 15:57 says "Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
We find ourselves in a real spiritual battle... but thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

I read this except today while spending time with Jesus. It's from "Come Away, My Beloved" pgs. 56 & 57:

"O My child, have I ever failed you? Have I ever turned My back on you or forsaken you? Have I not been your refuge and your strong defense? I have protected you and kept you in sickness and in health. Yea, I am with you to help you now. Fear not. My purposes will be fulfilled in spite of your weaknesses, if in your need you rely on My strength. My will shall be done regardless of the flaws in your life, if you count on the power of My righteousness. I do not work only in cases where there are no obstacles; but I glory in overruling the prevailing circumstances, and I take pleasure in bringing victories in those places where no victory is anywhere in sight.

Count on My coming. Know that whenever faith brings Me on the scene, everything is changed. Darkness is turned to light. Grief is turned to joy. Sickness to health. Poverty to My sufficient supply. Doubt to faith. Anxiety to trust.

No negative force can occupy the same place as My Spirit. When My Spirit comes in, all these things must go. Yes, they shall go! Ask for the victory. I will come and bring it. Don't look for the victory-- look for Me, and you will see the victory that I will bring with me. After I have come, you shall behold the miracles I will do."


So I guess, I now know which solution is the best... the one where I TRUST the SPIRIT to enter the situation, so that all the negative forces must flee, asking for the victory, and watching the Lord bring it. I long to see the miracles he will do. Praise be to God-- the One who gives us the Victory!

No comments: